This Website Terms and Condition of Use Agreement
also known as a 'terms of service agreement'
Will be at the bottom of most web pages!
Please read it before using this website.
Interested in selling furniture, antiques or collectibles on consignment with West St Paul Antiques?
Review the details below to start selling today!
We sell furniture that meets the following criteria:
- From high-quality manufacturers of furniture, accessories, art, or rugs.
- Current in style, design, and color.
- Generally, furniture pieces that are of higher quality, current style, and color will sell on consignment for up to 70 - 80 percent of the book prices.
- Clean and in excellent overall condition.
- From a smoke-free environment.
- Free of pet hair and/or odors.
If you have accessories or smaller furniture pieces, you may bring them to our antique store during regular business hours for evaluation. The preferred method is for photos to be sent to us by email. There is no guarantee of approval.
- Large furniture pieces must be approved before delivery to our antique mall. If email is not available to you, you may bring a photo of your items to the mall for approval. The email address for approving consignments is: email@example.com
- Photographs may also be mailed to us at: 880 Smith Avenue South, West Saint Paul, Minnesota 55118
- Sorry, photos mailed the above address will not be returned.
- After approving your pieces for consignment, we will contact you to schedule a mover to pick up your furniture, if needed. Your pieces will be delivered to our showroom for display. The fee for this service is based on location, size, and number of items to be moved.
- Our commission for selling your items is 40 percent of the selling price.
- Items are subject to markdowns and special promotions, and the selling price is to be determined by
- West St Paul Antiques.
- The consignment period is for 6 months. If any of your items have not sold after this time, you will be given the option to reclaim your items or donate the merchandise to a charity of our choice. If you choose to reclaim your pieces, it must be done so within one week of consignment expiration or it will become the property of West St Paul Antiques. Picking up merchandise will be the responsibility of the consignor.
- If interested in consigning with West St Paul Antiques, please pick up a Consignor Agreement from our store or down load it from this page.
Why shop consignment
The prices, of course! Resale shopping is a bit like a treasure hunt. Walk into West St Paul Antiques, and you never know what you may find.
Interested in selling
Get details about consigning your items on this page or by stopping in to our Mall in West St Paul.
Don’t Let Strangers into Your Home – Sell Your Furniture the Consignment WayDecember 22nd, 2008
Classified ads can be a great way to get rid of unwanted items, but this method of selling can have its drawbacks as well. Whether you post your items for sale on the bulletin board at the local supermarket, in the local newspaper or on the Internet, selling used furniture and other items in this manner requires that you let strangers into your home. While most people are simply looking for a great deal, others may have darker purposes in mind. We may not like to think about it, there are criminals in the world, and some of the people who reply to classified ads are in fact looking for a way to steal the things they want. For this reason and many others, some people have grown reluctant to allow strangers into their homes.
Of course this reluctance can make it difficult to sell used furniture and other unwanted items. While smaller items can easily be sold online and shipped to buyers around the country or even around the world, large items like furniture cannot be so easily disposed of. Large and bulky items cannot easily be shipped, so homeowners will need to find another way to get the greatest value from them.
One of the best ways to get the best value from used furniture is to place it at a local consignment store that specializes in this type of merchandise. There are many fine consignment stores that cater to homeowners who are searching for fine home furnishings at a great price, and these stores are the perfect place to sell unwanted furniture.
So if you are looking for a way to get value out of your old furniture you may want to give your local fine furniture consignment store a call. Consigning furniture at such a venue is generally quite easy and straightforward. You simply place your furniture at the store, set a price with the store owner and wait. When the furniture sells you get a check and the buyer gets a great piece of furniture for a fraction of the cost of buying new. And best of all you never have to let a stranger into your home.
Ten Great Reasons for Selling Your Used Furniture at Roost Consignment GalleryDecember 22nd, 2008
Are you thinking about giving your home a new look, but wonder what you should do
with your old furniture? Do you plan to furnish your home with a limited budget?
Whether you are in a position to sell or buy furniture, a good place to start would be the
consignment stores. Please consider the following ten reasons for your trading needs:
1. Consignment stores offer a fair market place for used furniture exchange between
the individual sellers and individual buyers.
2. The storefronts attract purpose-driven foot traffic in convenient locations and give
the sellers’ goods wide exposure through their advertisement.
3. Your item for sale can look more attractive in a staged setting such as a lamp
placed on top of an antique table. The consignment store may also carry its own
insurance against damage or theft.
4. When you choose a good consignment arrangement with a reputable store, it is a
quick and worry-free way to turn your unneeded furniture into cash.
5. If your furniture does not sell after 90 days even at reduced prices, you can pick it
up or choose to give it to charity through the store. The consignment store owners
will be happy to give you a receipt for your donations.
6. Some of the consignment stores are operated by charity organizations. The profits
made from such sales will benefit the hurting children, the poor, the sick, or the
elderly. When you sell your furniture through these stores, usually you will not
only receive half of the sales price, but also get tax credit for the other half of the
value which is considered a donation.
7. As a natural resource, millions of trees are being chopped down in the US and in
forests around the world every year just to make wood furniture. By recycling
gently used furniture through consignment stores, these precious forests will be
8. Gently used furniture needs zero to minimum processing in order to be used again.
It conserves material and energy while contributing to a greener and healthier
9. By actively acquiring and displaying finer pieces of artwork and well-made
furniture from old estates and selling these furnishings to customers who
appreciate them, the consignment store owners serve to preserve an important
aspect of the culture and provide a sense of continuity in the life of the society.
10. Rich or poor, people are always looking for valuable goods at a bargain price!
Through consignment stores sellers can turn their gently used furniture into cash; buyers
can find what they need for their homes. From plain to palatial, useful furnishings in
affordable luxury flow through these stores with style and speed without making a dent
on the health of our global environment.
|Mall's hand out Consignment Information|
Consigning Your Antiques and collectibles
PLEASE NOTE: We must be in physical possession of consignment items in order to effectively market and avoid misrepresentation.
Our commission is 40% of the selling price at or under $100,000.00 and 25% of the selling price at $100,001.00 and over. Consignors are paid within 30 days after their goods are sold. We structure competitive commission rates for items we place at auction, which are different for each estate and are calculated by the value of the merchandise, the work involved and marketing costs.
Our busy retail shop was established in 1997. Our mailing list grows each year; and we send out direct mailings twice yearly. Our web site www.weststpaulantiques.com is very active, with over 200 entries in 10 categories and will always shows up in the top Hundred results for antique or antiques in internet search engines around the world. Nearly all new acquisitions are added to the site for worldwide exposure, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our web site will averages 50,000 unique (individual) visitors per month.
We have been buying and selling antiques of every description for over 14 years. Our personal reference library numbers over 1000 volumes. Our professional network includes experts in every specialty. We keep abreast of auction results and market trends affecting antique values all over the world. We have sold Hundreds of Thousands of dollars worth of antiques over 17 years through our Mall and we will be selling thousands from our website, throughout our 14 years in business,in nearly every category, including but not limited to: American and European furniture from Renaissance through Art Nouveau, fine art (paintings, sculpture, prints), vintage/designer jewelry, American, English and French silver (especially Tiffany, Cartier and Jensen) American, European and Asian ceramics (porcelain, china, ironstone, pottery), cloisonne, netsukes, blown and cut glass, toys, tin and glass plate photographs, marine/nautical items, and 20th century period furniture such as Art Deco, Arts & Crafts, and Mid-Century Modern. The following 20th century names may be of particular value: Stickley, Roycroft, Limbert, Frank Lloyd Wright, Nakashima, Eames, Herman Miller, Plycraft, Rookwood, Fulper, Grueby, Teco, and William Spratling. We have a long association with auction houses and auctioneers both inside and outside Minnesota. We will either place your item where we feel it will bring the highest return. If you have an entire estate, we can arrange an estate auction for you, incorporating packing, moving, advertising and cleanup.Please feel free to call us at 651-451-0398, if you have questions or need references. Or, you may email us at Info@weststpaulantiques.com
- Take CLEAR 35mm photographs of all sides of the item along with close-ups of details, marks, signatures, and any damage or repairs.
- Note the measurements of the item and the price you wish to realize for it.
- Mail the packet to: West Saint Paul Antiques 880 Smith Avenue South
- West Saint Paul, MN 55118
Please allow 2 weeks after time of receipt for response.
- OR -
- Take CLEAR digital photographs of all sides of the item along with close-ups of details, marks, signatures, and any damage or repairs.
- Note the measurements of the item and the price you wish to realize for it.
- Email .JPG files (digital files), compressed to 75K or 150K each, along with detailed information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT SEND LARGE PHOTOS OR ZIP THE FILES.
Please allow 2 weeks for a response.
- OR -
If you wish to bring an item to our Mall, please email us, or call 651-451-0398 to make an appointment.
We do not give free advice, values, or appraissals over the telephone and we make NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are interested in an appraisal, please contact us, by email.
Quality consignment wanted inquire today.
|__Home Page__ (Top this page)
|Click a NEW link
To browse our Home page, Look over our Museums, 1st Reconnaissance Battalion pages, Recon Photo Gallery,
Out and About Gallery, Poetry Coffee Cup Cafe, About Us, Christmas Index, Antique Mall Tour,
Antiques & Collectibles, Furniture, Jewelry, Art Pottery, Artwork, Militaria,Contact Us, Hours and Directions,
Dealers pages, Consignment, Ebay Store, Translate this Website, Our Blogs, Books, Bottles & Jars, China, Crystal & Glass,
No Man Left Behind, Who Was Really the First President of the United States, Halloween pages, Primitives, Antique Photos,
The Day Eagle Cried, Financial Tip of the Year & Remembering The 50's & 60's Music Index.
Go to the top of each page of our website for the menu bar of categories. You will see a drop down menu appear for each category. Click a link to browse or click our
Site Map and Categories to find your link.
|This website contains, in various sections, portions of copyrighted material not specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is used for educational purposes only and presented to provide understanding or give information for issues concerning the public as a whole. In accordance with U.S. Copyright Law Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit. More Information
Information presented based on medical, news, government, and/or other web based articles or documents does not represent any medical recommendation or legal advice from myself or West Saint Paul Antiques. For specific information and advice on any condition or issue, you must consult a professional health care provider or legal advisor for direction.
I and West Saint Paul Antiques can not be responsible for information others may post on an external website linked here ~ or for websites which link to West Saint Paul Antiques. I would ask, however, that should you see something which you question or which seems incorrect or inappropriate, that you notify me immediately at email@example.com Also, I would very much appreciate being notified if you find links which do not work or other problems with the website itself. Thank You!
Please know that there is no copyright infringement intended with any part of this website ~ should you find something that belongs to you and proper credit has not been given (or if you simply wish for me to remove it),
just let me know and I will do so right away.
Website Terms and Condition of Use Agreement
also known as a 'terms of service agreement'
|Email me with your feedback on how I can Improve this website.